About us

1StGenCivic.com Where It all Began!

Welcome to FirstGenOfDurham. Our beautiful antique auto mobiles range from the first 1973 Honda Civic to 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978 and 1979; 1200′s and CVCC models.

1StGenCivic.com Site is going back to it's roots. :)

I launched The site almost 20 years ago to connect people around their shared interests. I helped users at Civic1200.com find a new place to call home, keep in touch with friends, learn new skills, and most importantly, build connections they may have lost or never had in the first place. While we could not have been more proud of what we accomplished together, I am reaching out today with a heavy heart to let you know that I have decided to shut down 1Stgencivic.com/org as of November 22 2021. Discussion boards aren't as important as they used to be, thanks to the 10year onslaught of facebook.., Twitter, Reddit ,Instagram and more.

Last year when I was very ill (April) web bot scrappers had attacked the site with over 800 hits at one time. The hosting company had taken the site off line until I could prove that the threat was gone. Just trying to look at the logs as there were so many hitting from China, Singapore and Malaysia. The site was down a long time, but just before I was about to put it back on line, I discovered that someone had already put up a web site with a lot of the content from previous version of this site. That put the nail in the coffin, I did not care anymore and decided to call it quits and did not bother to contact the hosting company to verify I had blocked the scrappers. I started to delete old forums that were no used by members . ........... Then one of the member's contacted me by email, so I went and got a clean bill of health from the host and the site was back online again.

The site has seen a steady decline in usage over the last 5 years as members transition over to facebook.., Twitter and Reddit that offers trustworthy and endless content. To that end, I must make a difficult decision.

I really got an eye opener when I started going through some old site links and discovered over 95% of the Honda sites (Message Boards and personal sites) I had once visited were shut down or have moved to other social platforms, even paid for membership forums are gone.

As of November 22nd, 2021 the website is shut down and members will no longer be able to access the site other than to view the main page and view stand alone pages.

1StGenCivic.com Site is going back to it's roots. Keep It simple as one of the slogans say.

When time allows I may email members their project pages that have been regulars to the site.

Sincerely, Randy