Blog

Shreck’s Project This is a post that follows the restoration of my 1978 Honda Civic. The 1200 Civic hatchback is a restomod built for my personal Sunday drives and car shows.

I purchased the 1978 Honda Civic in July 2002 from Cobourg Honda in Ontario Canada. It has 134,000 original kilometers. Gold exterior, AM/FM radio with 2 door mounted speakers (looks like dealer installed when new). Purchased by dealer from the original “elderly” owner in 1996 for display in their showroom. It was repainted in 1997 in the original gold color in base coat clear coat, since the original owner had the car painted white and this was the only way she would buy the car when new.

The interior is very clean with all original vinyl and carpet in excellent condition, the drivers seat was replaced with the covers from a passenger seat of the same colour car. The car sat 3 years in the dealers showroom until the space was required to display current models.Many new parts including front calipers, hood, rear hatch, door, fenders, bumpers and filler panels. Took me about 1 week and $95.00 to get it certified. Parts I had laying around including 2 drive shafts, 1 upper strut bearing, 1 tie rod end, front strut and lower ball joint. New parts included 2 rotors, pads and tires (the tires witch I stole from my restoration project car. Read More