Vendor: BC Racing

Coilover Suspension

Buy & Sell, Group Buys, Vendors.
No commission or discounts are paid to this site.
128racecar
Short Shifter
Short Shifter
United States of America
Province/State: Indiana
Hometown: Indianapolis
Model: —————-

Re: BC Racing availability

Unread post by 128racecar »

jonathan_ed3 wrote:
LALAMAHINA wrote:
jonathan_ed3 wrote:I already have the BCs on my 1983 and am highly impressed!

I keep telling myself I'll play around with them to see if I can make it more comfortable, but in all probability I probably won't. it's been my experience with coilovers in the past, even from the "best" companies in the world, that generally you cannot gain much comfort compared to the out of the box settings. Of course we can dictate ride height, but sometimes more harm can be done than good by messing with the springloads too much.
Actually, the ride height is adjustable without changing the spring preload. You can unlock the bottom collar and screw the ride height up and down without any change on the spring preload. I have lowered my fronts 6 full turns from the factory setting (this is for a track car- I would not suggest this for your street car).

Marc in Indy
1979 Civic SCCA GT5 car, now vintage racing with the VSCDA

Gusto (August Boehm) of , was a member of this site owns and operates 1StGenCivic.Info,
I do not endorse the site nor was I asked for permission to use or re-publish the information from here.
He scraped the web for past pages that are already included in the database of this site known as 1StGenCivic.com/org or previous generations and upgrades.
I am closing site down as an open discussion forum.