Off Topic: A Magical Sound and Sighting

1992 Honda civic Lives Again

Talk about anything else…. Not Related, maybe?
Randy
Administrator
Administrator
Canada
Province/State: Ontario
Hometown: Ajax
Model: 1978 Hatchback

Off Topic: A Magical Sound and Sighting

Unread post by Randy »

Early this morning I heard this familiar sound in front of my house, :cool
It’s alive
It’s alive
It’s finally alive, I went running outside in my sock feet and no coat, I was so excited to see it alive after so many years sitting.

When my son was in his teens he saved his money to buy a 92 EG hatchback Civic, just like his dad had at that time, I had a Canadian version of the same.
He was in a head on with a Gremlin, look it up. We got the car straightened and all new front end and paint job.
Then he took it off the road for six months to do some mechanical repairs, even told the insurance company the intention. They were happy with that.
You can imagine, disc swap, full v-Tec JDM swap 5speed, new clutch, exhaust, bushings, seats, interior, Gathers from Japan and sound system.
image.png
Then the car was stolen 8 months later at Cederbrae Mall. The insurance claimed he tried to defraud them. But they know why it was taken off the road and what was done. They did not want to pay, we could have taken them to court but figured it was not worth it.
So as good parents we are, we bought him another one already done up with a K20 swap and tons of goodies.
Well the car has sat for over 15 years, now he is married and his wife got tired of looking at it and made a bet he could not get it on the road in six weeks.
Well she lost and he gets his teen years back. I am so happy for him.
Attachments
E79BA337-B0E7-4F40-87AB-81A94FFD938C.jpeg
B3BDA96B-2B99-4482-85F8-C815195C3F3D.jpeg
Welcome to the Site.