LSD
LSD
Canada
Province/State: British Columbia
Hometown: Maple Bay
Model: —————-

Collectable: Honda Kick N Go on America Pickers TV Show

Unread post by Kurt »

I have a dedicated section my Roadsailing site to the Honda Kick 'N Go scooter KickNGo%20Home.html Funny enough, its one of the first hits on Google for these old scooters so I get quite a few emails from people who stumble across them or looking for parts. I received the following email today from the History Channel .... I guess Mike and Frank find one during their picks. Thought I would share...

Hello,
My name is Randi Rosenthal and I am the Visual Researcher for History Channel's television show, American Pickers. In an upcoming episode, our stars, Mike and Frank, come across an old Honda Kick N Go. On your website, I found a couple of pictures of the Kick N'Go that would all work well in the episode.

I was wondering if you could give me permission to use on of your photos in our episode? If so, I would happily include you in our special thanks section of our rolling credits. I also would need you to sign our standard release form, which I can send to you. Please let me know if you have any questions, you can email be back here or call me at the number below. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!

Randi Rosenthal
Cineflix Productions

Randy
Administrator
Administrator
Canada
Province/State: Ontario
Hometown: Ajax
Model: 1978 Hatchback

Honda Kick N Go on America Pickers TV Show

Unread post by Randy »

Updated Information

In 1974 the Honda Motor Company produced a small toy scooter named the Honda Kick 'N Go. It was a three wheeled scooter constructed of a steel frame with plastic wheels and was intended for children under 135 pounds. The Kick 'N Go was produced in red, yellow, silver and blue and was sold exclusively through Honda dealerships.

The Kick 'N Go is propelled forward by kicking the pedal down which turns a chain through a series of gears that turn the rear wheel. Steering is accomplished by leaning one way which causes the front axle to pivot on a rubber mount. The brake is a simple hand brake with a metal shoe that drags on the rubber tire.

In 1976, a larger, two wheeled version, titled the "Kick 'N Go 2" was released intended for larger children and adults . At the same time, a three wheeled Kick 'N Go Senior was released based on the size of the Kick 'N Go 2.

Later the same year two children were killed while riding Kick 'N Go's. It was ruled that children did not posses the strength and balance to ride the Kick N' Go's safely. As a result, production ceased and several units were recalled in the U.S.

Need Parts ?? - I have been receiving several emails a week from people world wide looking for Kick 'N Go parts. Unfortunately, I do not have any.

The springs and chain are pretty universal and most hardware stores can help. There may be a few Kick 'N Go parts left in some Honda parts warehouses through out the world. Remember, these were originally sold through Honda motorcycle dealers and not the Car dealers. It may be worthwhile to attend your local Honda motorcycle dealer and have them try and order the part by the PART NUMBER (found in the part list in the instruction manuals). You will need the part number as very few dealers will still keep the old microfiche on hand to look up the numbers.
Kick - 2.jpg
kick-blue.jpg
kick-blue.jpg (10.04 KiB) Viewed 1092 times
kick-yellow.JPG
kick-yellow.JPG (20.07 KiB) Viewed 1092 times
red.jpg
red.jpg (18.32 KiB) Viewed 1092 times
Attachments
OldHondaWing.jpg
OldHondaWing.jpg (7.24 KiB) Viewed 1092 times
Welcome to the Site.