Administrator
Canada
Province/State: Ontario
Hometown: Ajax
Model: 1978 Hatchback

Photos: My Old 1976

Unread post by Randy »

Purchased New in 1976
First photo I am sitting waiting for the car rally to start.
I came in first place after running a red light with a traffic police officer waving me through. I felt good to beat all those guys with the big toys.
I won two years in a row.
9e396bc2a242cd2fdd9efb8e83a6a91b.jpg
b5143b24985914e0415902d6cf96c61e.jpg
Below is a mishap returning home after helping out at the police games between Toronto and Detroit at York University.
How often do you have the chance to throw a bucket of ice water at the chef of police during their running race. Your kidding, really, we all looked at each other to see who was throwing wet sponges. :funny
9cb3afe546145a9327b930e2e464e1c7.jpg
d7b4a51dcb0fef0acb3e6be90176a576.jpg
Oh did I mention I slid under the back end of a Gremlin and pushed everything above the bumper back, buckled the hood and it popped the wipers off.
I was not charged as the driver in front jammed on the brakes to make a left turn without signals or lights. The road was just paved with the steam roller and was still smoking.

The owner of the Chevelle in the first picture lent me his car while mine was being straightened, but I had to do a motor and transmission swap in a barn before hand. :lol:

I wish I had never sold the car. In about 92 I had cleaned up the minor rust and repainted the car my self at a local Collage. After that is sat about until I sold it to a guy I had already sold a 77 civic, he blew the motor.
He sent me pictures of him and his drunk buddies jumping and taking hammers to it. All he wanted was the motor.
I cried as I had a couple spare motors I would have probably just given to him.
The only thing I have left from that car is one of the fender emblems that fell off in the crash. The Chevelle owner bless him, he gave it back to me a couple of years ago. :dance
Welcome to the Site.