Administrator
Administrator
Province/State: Ontario
Hometown: Ajax
Model: 1978 Hatchback

Re: Restoration: 1978 Honda Civic (1200) Part 2

Post by Randy »

Organization Of Bolts

Do you keep your bolts and hardware well organized. For me not that much, but I am having difficulty getting at the containers of small parts I need to hang the doors back on to check the alignment of the new door pillar and rocker.
By chance I found on the bottom shelf of my garage a bin full of fasteners with door catches and bolts too. I save just about everything when I scrap a Civic and I have gone through 5 of them.
My excuse I know where every bolt goes. If my brain fails I have lots of OEM manuals

The picture of the door gap is before I put the latch on. But there is a bit of wave in the rocker and the door in the same spot. It’s like they wanted to be apart.

The front of the fender where it attaches to the front lower valance don’t fit very well. It must be an aftermarket brand as it has a curve where is should be straight where it aligns

I am really disappointed with the gaps between the fenders and doors. I will try and slide the doors forward to even the gap on the front and back side of the doors.

The rockers seem to be not designed to mate very well. That probably why during winter driving my left thy was frozen.
Attachments
IMG_3563.jpeg
IMG_3564.jpeg
IMG_3566.jpeg
IMG_3567.jpeg
IMG_3569.jpeg
IMG_3570.jpeg
IMG_3571.jpeg
Welcome to the Site.