Steph
Projects
Projects
Australia
Province/State: South Australia
Hometown: Adelaide
Model: 1978 Hatchback

Unread post by Steph »

A few more NOS parts I bought this week. I left my petrol cap at a service station years back, and I replaced it with a generic one I bought at the auto parts store. Only problem is that it's difficult to get your fingers in to remove it when filling up. Luckily I found a NOS one..
PetrolCap.jpg
PetrolCap.jpg (14.64 KiB) Viewed 279 times
PetrolCapside.jpg
PetrolCapside.jpg (13.69 KiB) Viewed 279 times
I had some new brake shoes fitted to the rear, and they obviously weren't manufactured to be exact copies of the original shoes, as they make a strange scraping noise when braking. I tried replacing the drums to fix it, but to no avail. The only thing that it could be is the shoes, because it started when they were initially fitted, and obviously it's not the drums, as it made the nose with the old set too. I managed to find some NOS brake shoes, so I figure that will be the best way to eliminate the noise, or the possibility it's the brake shoes causing it. I wonder if they have good old asbestos in them, I hope so :P
BrakeShoes.jpg
BrakeShoes.jpg (29.01 KiB) Viewed 279 times
Finally, I found an odd bumper end and snapped that up as a spare...
NOSBumperEnd.jpg

Gusto (August Boehm) of , was a member of this site owns and operates 1StGenCivic.Info,
I do not endorse the site nor was I asked for permission to use or re-publish the information from here.
He scraped the web for past pages that are already included in the database of this site known as 1StGenCivic.com/org or previous generations and upgrades.
I am closing site down as an open discussion forum.