Projects
Projects
Australia
Province/State: South Australia
Hometown: Adelaide
Model: 1978 Hatchback

Unread post by Steph »

Thanks guys :D

Today I had the rear shocks, rear drums, wheel bearings, brakes hose, well basically everything replaced with new, as well as new steering rack boots and tie rods fitted, plus a wheel alignment. It was really difficult to find suitable rack boots, as all the universal fit versions didn't have a balance tube nipple fitted, and they all seemed to be cheap and nasty, quality wise. In the end I found a product called the Rakboot which was made of excellent quality material, as well as having the nipples fitted, so I bought those. For those of you who don't already know this, the rack boots have a balance tube running between both boots, because when steering to either side, one boot expands while the other contracts, so the air from the contracting boot is transfered to the expanding boot, thus creating a closed system, and eliminating the need to draw dirty air in.

http://www.productsthatwork.com.au/prod ... t-info.php

Tomorrow I'll clean and paint my rear wheel wells, and then finally fit my new wheels :)

Steph

Gusto (August Boehm) of , was a member of this site owns and operates 1StGenCivic.Info,
I do not endorse the site nor was I asked for permission to use or re-publish the information from here.
He scraped the web for past pages that are already included in the database of this site known as 1StGenCivic.com/org or previous generations and upgrades.
I am closing site down as an open discussion forum.