EvoCivic
LSD
LSD
Australia
Province/State: NSW
Hometown: Sydney

Re: My '75 Civic Restomod

Unread post by EvoCivic »

Speedy wrote:It fits really well in there, just going to need some modification for mounts, but nothing major. Hubs and differential line up really well, similar mounts in a couple areas, enough space to run the exhaust in the front of the engine instead of the back, enough room for the EFI system, and it just barely fits in the engine bay width-wise. Going to compare axles once I figure out where the heck I put my CVCC ones. Some problems that I see are that the sway bars look like they're going to hit the transmission and smash it against the frame of the car

I may have to relocate the sway bar to sit underneath that second rod that connects the subframe to the control arm, don't know if that would affect performance or not just by moving the sway bar a little lower for clearance? :dunno I'm going to try to keep the same angle on it along with not moving it back or forward any because I believe that might affect the leverage and force on the sway bar. Anyone have any input on this???
The sway bar is already underneath. The upper bar is the radius rod that locates the lower control arm, the lower one is the sway bar. You can't move the radius rods easily. You need to move the whole thing more to the left. To do that you will need to make a bit of clearance on the engine side. You will need to trim the left chassis rail to clear the bottom pulley. Either do it with a big hammer (I've seen this done and it's not all that pretty) or do some cutting and welding. You can use the standard left engine mount on the body with an appropriate bracket.
Civic Garage for all your rubber seal and weatherstrip needs.

Gusto (August Boehm) of , was a member of this site owns and operates 1StGenCivic.Info,
I do not endorse the site nor was I asked for permission to use or re-publish the information from here.
He scraped the web for past pages that are already included in the database of this site known as 1StGenCivic.com/org or previous generations and upgrades.
I am closing site down as an open discussion forum.