Thor
LSD
LSD
Great Britain
Province/State: Stratford upon Avon
Model: —————-

Goldie

Unread post by Thor »

Now that my health is back to a reasonable level, today I have started work on Goldie, the test car for the BC struts & springs.
I have lifted the head in preparation for fitting onto its 1335 EN4, an EB1 [1169] head with casting mark 'S' fitted with an EN4 camshaft, distributor, exhaust and ancillaries.
This combination in Mike's car gave us a standing quarter of 15.97 @ 88.3 mph, so I look forward to seeing if I can beat that time.
Has anyone else beaten it?
The reason why I like drag racing as an engine test-bed is because it cannot be bull-sshitted, unlike dynos or circuits, it is pure engine performance and a great leveller.
The next stage will to be check out my chassis theories, these go where others do not consider, and will be discussed as I do them, if anyone is interested.
All of this is done within the premise of not spending money, as I have none, now being a pensioner.
Once I have optimized the geometry for general road use, I will check it out for sprinting/hill-climbing.
So, fun is to be had.
Hoping my body keeps up with my ambitions.
Glad to be back,
Pete
ps , those who wish to play with suspension, I've found this site useful

https://www.racingaspirations.com

Many thanks to Don for his advice over the years.
All the best
Pete

Then, Phoenix is to be resurrected for the 8th time. Talk about Grandfather's Ax!

There are many shots of this car around in various posts, and on the old garage area, however, just to placate
the requests, here goes
image.png
image.png (237.45 KiB) Viewed 1461 times

Gusto (August Boehm) of , was a member of this site owns and operates 1StGenCivic.Info,
I do not endorse the site nor was I asked for permission to use or re-publish the information from here.
He scraped the web for past pages that are already included in the database of this site known as 1StGenCivic.com/org or previous generations and upgrades.
I am closing site down as an open discussion forum.