Phil
Projects
Projects
Australia
Province/State: SA
Model: 1975 Hatchback

Project Phil's 1975 Honda Civic 1200

Unread post by Phil »

I'm going to continue on from my introduction thread here...

The car is still a work in progress, including some things that I intially didn't intend doing. My Mechanical friend has helped me through the majority of this process.

The removal of the EB1 engine, gearbox and all engine bay components. Originally planned to do a major service and replace all seals etc.
eb engine out.jpg
A decision was made to repaint the engine bay in yr-22 sunset orange ( and the rest of the car when finances allow). This was quite a challenge to get the correct
mix, I finally settled on the 3rd suppliers offering.
blog paint colour test.jpg
blog paint colour test.jpg (31 KiB) Viewed 11202 times
Getting the engine bay ready for painting has been a long process with no lack of sacrificial blood spared to the Civic Gods. I wasn't a huge fan of the Ford washer bottle, so it will be replaced with one of my original washer bags and motors.
washer bottle and bay.jpg
washer bottle and bay.jpg (34.01 KiB) Viewed 11202 times
Let the rust treatment begin!
bay rust treatment.jpg
bay rust treatment.jpg (32.27 KiB) Viewed 11202 times
seam sealer removal.jpg
seam sealer removal.jpg (34.34 KiB) Viewed 11202 times
I started with the removal of all seam sealer with a few picks (1 broke) and a scraper. The result revealed surface rust, which I managed to wire wheel and treat with rust converter. Rinsed and repeated this process for the whole engine bay.

Welded reinforcement of left engine mount, a little panel beating and body filler to get closer to the original shape.
reinforced engine mount and body filler.jpg
reinforced engine mount and body filler.jpg (23.24 KiB) Viewed 11202 times
Did I mention degreaser???
degreaser.jpg
degreaser.jpg (32.88 KiB) Viewed 11202 times
More to come soon, stay tuned!

Gusto (August Boehm) of , was a member of this site owns and operates 1StGenCivic.Info,
I do not endorse the site nor was I asked for permission to use or re-publish the information from here.
He scraped the web for past pages that are already included in the database of this site known as 1StGenCivic.com/org or previous generations and upgrades.
I am closing site down as an open discussion forum.