Project 1977 Civic 1200 - a revival/recommissioning…

Civic 1973-1979 Projects
oldbikesrcool
Projects
Projects
United States of America
Province/State: Wa
Hometown: Bellingham
Model: 1977 Hatchback

Re: 1977 Civic 1200 - a revival/recommissioning…

Unread post by oldbikesrcool »

A couple update details…
The eroding black paint strip on the rear bumper was mercifully removed in its entirety by hand using WD40 and #0000 steel wool. Once removed, went over the chrome with Blue Magic chrome polish paste. Worked a treat.

Sun visors and forward headliner had what appeared to be the beginnings of black mold from years of storage condensation (no leaks have been found).
The treatment? At first, we tried a “light distilled vinegar” solution with minimal effect. Then, 100% vinegar with spectacular effect. No trace of mold left and vinyl appears perfectly fine.

Next, the oxidized Sofia Red paint. We may end up addressing the previously body filler’d R/R quarter panel repair, minor dings, and flaws with a prep-n-repaint, but for now we’ll stay with its well deserved character marks. So, we used Meguire’s Cleaner Wax followed by a coat of Meguire’s Gold Carnuba wax. Geez…it looks better than it has right to!

Finally, cleaned up the 13” (‘80-‘81) Accord beauty rings with Flitz metal polish…BAM! Many much better.

It actually looks pretty good…from 20 feet!
Attachments
7A1791A1-2907-46ED-A40E-A45573E89CE1.jpeg
8DB185FD-9FCB-420F-8E26-323D5D8DA828.jpeg

Gusto (August Boehm) of , was a member of this site owns and operates 1StGenCivic.Info,
I do not endorse the site nor was I asked for permission to use or re-publish the information from here.
He scraped the web for past pages that are already included in the database of this site known as 1StGenCivic.com/org or previous generations and upgrades.
I am closing site down as an open discussion forum.