Various Topics and help.
Yellowbee77
United States of America
Province/State: Minnesota
Hometown: St. Paul
Model: 1977 Hatchback CVCC

Problem High idle but no power!

Unread post by Yellowbee77 »

Recently bought my first 1977 CVCC (ED3) 1500. When we purchased it it did not run so and we removed the head, got 3 bent valves replaced, replaced the head gasket, and officially got the car put back together!

We had trouble starting it and realized our timing was two teeth off, fixed that and it ran for 30 minutes smooth. The next day the car was having a hard time starting, once started was idling high and dying quickly, and then once we got it on the road it had no power, as soon as you hit the gas it died immediately!

We are trying to trouble shoot if this is a carburetor issue, a vacuum issue, or something else!
Ive got a Weber ordered to replace the carburetor, but I f anyone has any advice on troubleshooting it would be greatly appreciated!!

Gusto (August Boehm) of , was a member of this site owns and operates 1StGenCivic.Info,
I do not endorse the site nor was I asked for permission to use or re-publish the information from here.
He scraped the web for past pages that are already included in the database of this site known as 1StGenCivic.com/org or previous generations and upgrades.
I am closing site down as an open discussion forum.