Restoration Speedy 1975 Civic

Civic 1973-1979 Projects
Speedy
Province/State:

Re: My '75 Civic Restomod

Unread post by Speedy »

Meldge wrote:Nice work man, I'm jealous.

How close is the shifter section of the gearbox to that rear cross member?
I was looking at getting my engine back as far as I can, possibly with a custom intake manifold but it looks really close there already.
Thanks! :) The shifter section is below the crossmember out of the way to where it won't need to be jerry-rigged to work. The engine is already sitting as far back as possible without a custom intake manifold. Just so long as you get the forward slant right on the engine there shouldn't be an issue since the crankcase and transmission are about an inch or so from the rear crossmember on my setup anyways.

username wrote:Orange on the valve cover with the raised areas polished aluminum would be sharp. paint a couple of the accessories around the engine bay orange to balance out the look of the install. Very nice, can't wait to know that it is on the road, and see those pics!
=Bill
I was thinking brushed aluminum on the valve cover fins instead of polished, with an orange upper intake manifold to compliment, polished lower manifold, and maybe orange transmission. I'll be posting pics often, next ones will come once the engine is mounted up so I can get nice pics of the mounts made and hopefully inspire someone else to bring another old Civic back to life!
1975 Honda Civic Si Turbo
EW4 swap, 4x100/rear disc conversion
Not your grandma's car

Gusto (August Boehm) of , was a member of this site owns and operates 1StGenCivic.Info,
I do not endorse the site nor was I asked for permission to use or re-publish the information from here.
He scraped the web for past pages that are already included in the database of this site known as 1StGenCivic.com/org or previous generations and upgrades.
I am closing site down as an open discussion forum.