Vendor: BC Racing

Coilover Suspension

Buy & Sell, Group Buys, Vendors.
No commission or discounts are paid to this site.
chuyrosales
Province/State: Pasadena CA

Re: BC the final phase

Unread post by chuyrosales »

juans78cvcc wrote:Where do we order?

http://www.bc-racing.co.uk/applications ... -ra-1.html

Bill
LSD
LSD
United States of America
Province/State: ….
Hometown: ….
Model: —————-

Unread post by Bill »

US, BC NA...?

zcwagon
Short Shifter
Short Shifter
Province/State: Fountain Hills, AZ

Unread post by zcwagon »

Thor

Any word from BC about rears for 78/79 1500 CVCC?

I understand the fronts are a go but on the BC wedsite they still do not list a SG cars?

will this be changed or do we just order EB Mk1 73-79

Thanks
Jeff

Thor
LSD
LSD
Great Britain
Province/State: Stratford upon Avon

Unread post by Thor »

I am out of the loop for US cars.

Bill
LSD
LSD
United States of America

Unread post by Bill »

The SG cars must use a different lower leg than the SB1. using the front in the rear will not allow suspension travel. Start Emailing BC NA or calling or snail mail, this is the only way they will do anything. I am temporarly without enough time to get into this full time, possibly for the year, I will try to help as I am able...

juans78cvcc
Turbo
Turbo
United States of America
Province/State: Los Angeles, California, USA
Hometown: ...
Model: 1978 Hatchback CVCC

Unread post by juans78cvcc »

chuy did you get these yet? does anyone know when the backs might be available for the cvccs?

chuyrosales
Province/State: Pasadena CA

Unread post by chuyrosales »

juans78cvcc wrote:chuy did you get these yet? does anyone know when the backs might be available for the cvccs?

No not yet hopefully next year. Do a little more research on the forum and you'll find your answer about the 78-79 CVCCs. Looks like BC Racing in the US has not been as responsive as BC UK. I just bought a 74 1200, so these would work perfectly. With my 79CVCC I'm just going to swap out the all the the rear suspension with a 76 rear end suspension that work with the current BC coilovers.

Thor
LSD
LSD
Great Britain

Unread post by Thor »

chuyrosales wrote:
juans78cvcc wrote:chuy did you get these yet? does anyone know when the backs might be available for the cvccs?

No not yet hopefully next year. Do a little more research on the forum and you'll find your answer about the 78-79 CVCCs. Looks like BC Racing in the US has not been as responsive as BC UK. I just bought a 74 1200, so these would work perfectly. With my 79CVCC I'm just going to swap out the all the the rear suspension with a 76 rear end suspension that work with the current BC coilovers.
The only hold up is no one has confirmed my thoughts that the front and rear leg dimensions are the same for hub fitment.
If so, all BC have to do is make a front leg the correct length to fit the rear.
As the front adjuster pocket should fit the rear hub, then they only need to sort a cartridge of the correct length which is a standard part across many cars.
Confirm that the top mount is the same as the 1200.

As we do not have your CVCC /1500 over here, we cannot try it, but surely someone over there could be bothered to help out???
If it is tried and the ride-height checked, using mid-adjustment on the leg/spring setting, all bolted up and the axle center to arch measured, the factory can tell the required leg length.
That is all that someone needs to do!!!!!!!!!!!! Surely that's not too difficult???

Bill
LSD
LSD
United States of America

Unread post by Bill »

Tom, If you see this before you come down the mountain, can you please take the measurement for us, My car has the early style rear struts and the wagon has none on the straight axle design.

Thor
LSD
LSD
Great Britain

Unread post by Thor »

username wrote:Tom, If you see this before you come down the mountain, can you please take the measurement for us, My car has the early style rear struts and the wagon has none on the straight axle design.
Bill,
in fact if the front leg is fitted as it comes assembled from the factory, it should be at mid-stroke with the spring just nipped.
So, if it is fitted thus, the arch to axle center should be exactly what they need as they already have the axle to wheelarch off the 1200 and the cvcc should be the same. The difference between the 2 rear readings will give them the extra length needed for the strut cartridge.

Hope this helps finally put this to bed and cheer you guys up.
All the best
Pete