Paul’s 1975 Honda Civic (1200)

This is the place to show off your ride to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it.
Posts your videos and internet clips here
Randy
Administrator.
Administrator.
Province/State: Ontario
My Vehicle: Civic 1200
My Vehicle Other: Fit, Civic EP3
Car Wish: Honda Element

Paul’s 1975 Honda Civic (1200)

Postby Randy » February 17th, 2017, 8:09 am

My 1975, 1169cc 3 door, with optional 2 speed Hondamatic was delivered new to Mrs. Mary Letch of Enfield, Essex by Garret Lane Cars, London on 9th August 1975. Cost £1150. (at today’s exchange rate US$759) Extra’s specified were ‘Hunter Blue’ Metallic Paint and Hondamatic transmission.

Wisely, Mrs. Letch also had the car Ziebarted (rust proofed) from new and this has helped keep the car in this original condition. Most UK Civics, and most 1970’s Japanese and indeed Italian cars succumbed quickly to UK winters with our habit of adding lots of salt to our roads when icy and the cars poor, from the factory rust proofing. This car has covered only 45000 miles since new.

There were three models available in the UK in 1975. Two and three door models with 1169cc engines and a larger bodied 5 door with a 1500cc CCVC engine. The Civic Station Wagon offered to North American and Australian customers was never sold in the UK.

paul_w3-1.jpg

paul_w5.jpg

paul_w7.jpg

Description
From United Kingdom

These early cars came with few luxuries, no rear window defogger or Radio, but it did offer such unprecedented small car luxury (in austere-car >mad 1970’s Britain) as standard head restraints, a glove compartment, back up lamps and carpets!! Owners of contemporary, similarly priced Ford and General Motors products in the UK could only dream of such opulence!

This Civic was purchased by me in 2002 from the Guru and owner of a fleet of Civics in the UK, Paul Preston. It its outstanding, original condition.

For British purchasers of the Civic with its very unfamiliar two speed, semi automatic Hondamatic transmission, the owners manual told you how to use it. ‘star’ Range – Normal Driving In this position the Hondamatic transmission gives exceptionally smooth starting and acceleration for in-town and highway driving. ‘L’ Range – Low.
Shift into ‘L’ when starting condition is adverse or when rapid acceleration is needed for freeway entrance, etc. It is also used for stronger engine braking when descending a steep grade, or for increased power when climbing a hill.

There are so few left on the roads in the UK that it never fails to attract attention on the street or at a Gas Station

Paul J Wilson
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ebay listinglSupport the site, please use the ebay links below

Visit our 1StGenCivic Auctions

Visit our 2ndGenCivic Auctions

Return to “The Showroom”