Project 1979 Honda Civic CVCC almost complete

Civic 1973-1979 Projects
Kelly
JDM
JDM
Province/State: Virgina USA

Post by Kelly »

Just for future reference, what is the offset of those 15x7 wheels? So the offset questions will have a visual aid to compare how wide the wheels are to the body lines. Thanks. Keep it up!

speedycvcc
Short Shifter
Short Shifter
Province/State: Virginia Beach, VA USA

Post by speedycvcc »

the coilovers are ground control #4525.01 for 88-91 crx the wheels are minilite 15X7 -6 offset I have 205-50 tires but they are too large I have 194 -45 on order they should clear better and lower the car. I have 13X8 +4 offset rota rbs' w/215 -50 for autocross they clear fine and also look great. The front sway bar is stock cvcc I have a larger one but I not sure if i am going to use it. The mirrors are SPA formula style on truechoice motorsports web site. If I can get the car ready I will be at VMP in Petersburg on 1-20- 08. As you can see I am still looking for 78 79 cvcc head lite bezels I need to make camber plates for the front and design a way to adjust the rear camber I have a rear sway bar but havent installed it yet.
Currently working on a '1979 Honda Civic CVCC

Frankaj
PsychoCiv
PsychoCiv
Province/State: Washington State

Post by Frankaj »

speedycvcc wrote:The front sway bar is stock cvcc.....
Interesting! There is one on my 77 CVCC wagon but not on my 78 CVCC hatch project car ??? That's what prompted my question. :?

And thanks for the mirror source. :)
Trust but verify

Kelly
JDM
JDM
Province/State: Virgina USA

Post by Kelly »

Thanks for the info. Ill try to make it down there. I have a few sets of bezels, maybe I have something to fit. Ill take a look.

Heres an old VMP pic...
Attachments
circa 2004ish
circa 2004ish
auto x celi.jpg (97.14 KiB) Viewed 1518 times

mugen79
Short Shifter
Short Shifter
Province/State: Syracuse, Utah

Post by mugen79 »

that thing is so clean :) :D

cnp2180
Owner
Owner
Province/State: Varde

Post by cnp2180 »

Damn that´s a nice car :D

BABY J
PanaSport
PanaSport
Province/State: Atlanta, GA

Post by BABY J »

speedycvcc wrote:the coilovers are ground control #4525.01 for 88-91 crx the wheels are minilite 15X7 -6 offset I have 205-50 tires but they are too large I have 194 -45 on order they should clear better and lower the car. I have 13X8 +4 offset rota rbs' w/215 -50 for autocross they clear fine and also look great. The front sway bar is stock cvcc I have a larger one but I not sure if i am going to use it. The mirrors are SPA formula style on truechoice motorsports web site. If I can get the car ready I will be at VMP in Petersburg on 1-20- 08. As you can see I am still looking for 78 79 cvcc head lite bezels I need to make camber plates for the front and design a way to adjust the rear camber I have a rear sway bar but havent installed it yet.
Can u go into more detail about the mods required for the suspension. To date, this seems like the best suspension solution that I have found on the board -- short of custom shocks and springs.

J'son
Message From National Pancake Association: "Screw Waffles!!"

RBi ZC SB1
Short Shifter
Short Shifter
Province/State: Metz [France]

Post by RBi ZC SB1 »

Nicely done !! Good job ! :yes:

Eduardo I. Nieves Davila
LSD
LSD
Province/State: Carolina PuertoRico

Post by Eduardo I. Nieves Davila »

yes it does look great although I am not sure about something , Hey speedy does the car have the surrounds of the front lights or are they mising ( we call it nests in PR ) ANYWAYS GREAT CAR IT LOOKS GREAT EVEN WITHOUT THEM.

speedycvcc
Short Shifter
Short Shifter
Province/State: Virginia Beach, VA USA

Post by speedycvcc »

I just got them put on this past week. Thanks to mlepley for selling me some.
Currently working on a '1979 Honda Civic CVCC