Projects
Projects
Australia
Province/State: South Australia
Hometown: Adelaide
Model: 1978 Hatchback

Project Steph's 1978 Honda Civic 1200

Unread post by Steph »

I thought I'd create one of these threads to document my progress, instead of posting it all over the shop.

On Monday I had the front suspension and brakes replaced. This included; new struts, lower control arms, tie-rod ends, driveshafts, wheel bearings, steering rack boots, all the rubber bushes were replaced with urethane bushes, discs, pads, and brake hoses. I have to say the difference is enormous. The ride is smoother, but the cornering is just amazing. I had to do a quick U-turn yesterday and the car felt like it was glued to the road. It didn't just turn, it actually felt a little disturbing, because I'm used to all the body roll and understeer, and by applying the regular amount of force to the steering, the car abruptly turned and all the time stuck to the road, without any squealing.

Next week I hope to get the rear suspension and brakes fitted.

I'm planning on fitting my wheels this weekend, so picture to come,

Steph

Gusto (August Boehm) of , was a member of this site owns and operates 1StGenCivic.Info,
I do not endorse the site nor was I asked for permission to use or re-publish the information from here.
He scraped the web for past pages that are already included in the database of this site known as 1StGenCivic.com/org or previous generations and upgrades.
I am closing site down as an open discussion forum.