Steph
Projects
Projects
Australia
Province/State: South Australia
Hometown: Adelaide
Model: 1978 Hatchback

Unread post by Steph »

I love this car, and it's what inspired me to fit the bumper over-riders/guards and paint and clean the bumpers and grill up. Now if I could just find one of those front aprons..
AandTEB3a.jpg

HondaCarCare1
LSD
LSD
United States of America
Province/State: Portland Oregon, USA

Unread post by HondaCarCare1 »

Steph wrote:I'm tempted to paint my carpet too. I'd like to have black carpet. :)
We've never tried it on carpet, but will probably use it on the 77 when/if we EVER get around to restoring it.

bob78cvcc
LSD
LSD
Province/State: NJ

Unread post by bob78cvcc »

The emblem looks 1st rate. Very nice job. :)

Mike S
Zen Nos
Zen Nos
Australia
Province/State: Melbourne
Hometown: ….
Model: —————-

Unread post by Mike S »

Steph wrote:Now if I could just find one of those front aprons..

That looks like The Kamei air dam. Hobbyhorse05 (in Canberra) has the mold to make a fiberglass reproduction to suit the 1200. PM him.

Now stop all this fussing about with minor cosmetic details, get those bl**dy Watanabes on the car and take some photos!

MS

Steph
Projects
Projects
Australia

Unread post by Steph »

Mike S wrote:
Steph wrote:Now if I could just find one of those front aprons..

That looks like The Kamei air dam. Hobbyhorse05 (in Canberra) has the mold to make a fiberglass reproduction to suit the 1200. PM him.

Now stop all this fussing about with minor cosmetic details, get those bl**dy Watanabes on the car and take some photos!

MS
Haha, I've been putting it off until I had all the cosmetic details taken care of. One thing I learned at a very young age is that wheels transform a car. I remember as a kid my older brother buying his first car, it was a white XY GS Falcon which I didn't find to be a particularly nice looking car. Then one day he came home with brand new 12 slot rims and big tires and I couldn't believe it was the same car. From then on I had a real appreciation for what a nice set of wheels could do for a car's appearance. So to maximize the transformation, I wanted to have everything in top shape :wink:

I am so going to contact Hobby Horse about that apron. I need to have the front apron resprayed, so that'll be a great time to have it fitted.

Thanks again Mike, :D

Steph

Steph
Projects
Projects
Australia

Unread post by Steph »

bob78cvcc wrote:The emblem looks 1st rate. Very nice job. :)
Thanks Bob :)

Today I painted the little hood scoop, and while I was at it I painted the windscreen squirters. I bought this snazzy little device from a craft store a while back. It's like a compass, but instead of a lead, it has a tiny little blade, so I used it to cut out perfect little circles in 50mm wide masking tape, and then stick it to the hood over the windscreen squirters. A few coats of VHT Vinyl Dye and they looked like new again.

I also booked my car in for this Friday to have the rear struts replaced, as well as the drums, shoes, bearings, brake lines, and all the bushes with urethane replacements. It's also getting a wheel alignment, because they didn't have time to do it last week, as the car was only finished at their knock off time, and I wasn't too worried, as it's still got the old wheels and tires on it at present. That's the main reason I haven't fitted my wheels yet, plus I didn't want them putting their grubby mits on my newly painted wheels, or scratching and gouging them with their rattle guns, etc.

So the wheels will finally go on this weekend :D

Steph

bob78cvcc
LSD
LSD

Steph, post a pic of the squirters. I'd like to see how they look refinished. I just got a pair that need some work. :)

Steph
Projects
Projects
Australia

Unread post by Steph »

I don't know why the paint looks so green?
Attachments
IMG_3038.jpg
IMG_3038.jpg (33.12 KiB) Viewed 1130 times

HondaCarCare1
LSD
LSD
United States of America
Province/State: Portland Oregon, USA

Unread post by HondaCarCare1 »

That nozzle turned out great. :D
Mine are looking a bit crusty. :lol: I'm definitely going to have to refinish them.

bob78cvcc
LSD
LSD

Steph wrote:I don't know why the paint looks so green?

Doesn't look green on my monitor. Very nice. Was that the Satin Black? :)