Restoration 1975 Civic 1500 4 Door

Civic 1973-1979 Projects
amifsud
JDM
JDM
Province/State: Melbourne Victoria Australia

Post by amifsud »

I've been a little slow working on the car in the past few weeks. I've got family over from overseas and I havn't been working on the car as much.
I wet sanded the car and polished it up and it now looks great. I have also put on the new door seals and boot seal.

Here's a few photos of the car after it's been polished, i'll post some more pics when i get a chance.

amifsud
JDM
JDM

Post by amifsud »

The car has got lacquer on it in the photos, now all it needs is some wax on it but not for another few weeks. It's just to let the paint cure properly.

amifsud
JDM
JDM

Post by amifsud »

Here are some more photo's of the car. Now it has some more parts installed like the lights and badges. Next I will be tinting the windows and installing the dash back in.

amifsud
JDM
JDM

Post by amifsud »

I am going to tint the windows, because here in Australia when a car sits in the sun for a while the interior get's very very hot, over 60 degrees they say, and also the interior fades and cracks over time. The tint im getting is not overly dark, it's mostly for the UV protection. spf 50+ I think.

amifsud
JDM
JDM

Post by amifsud »

I have now put in new carpet underlay and the new carpet will be in soon. I will also be putting the dash back in. For now I will be reinstalling the old seats, I don't have time to get them re-covered, because I will be going overseas on tuesday for 2 months. I just want to get the car driveable.
When the carpet is in ill post some more pics.

amifsud
JDM
JDM

Post by amifsud »

Here it is Finished at last, just need to get the seats re-upholstered at a later date. but apart from that it's done.

amifsud
JDM
JDM

Post by amifsud »

Now i have to start on my new civic soon.

amifsud
JDM
JDM

Post by amifsud »

I'm in Altona, it's about a 2hr drive from lorne.

amifsud
JDM
JDM

Post by amifsud »

Well, as some of you might know, i bought another civic. This one is a 3 door 1200. It used to be white in colour. It needed a bit of work, but wasn't in really bad shape. I had to weld the floor under the seat as it had a crack in it. The left door had 2 spots of rust so i cut it out and welded in a new piece. I actually removed the outer skin of the door and repaired it that way. Then the whole panel was painted in that tar rust protection stuff thats on the bottom of the car. I did the same to the hood as it had a bit of surface rust where i couldn't get to it with a wire brush. I then put it all together and sprayed it Graphite Grey Metallic. Its a Honda colour from an 80's model civic. It's got all new suspension bushes all round, new tires, reconditioned 2 speed auto, new windscreen, deluxe gauges, RS twin exhaust, (the twin RS carbies will be going in later), all the front cross members i had powder coated in black, i took all the bolts that came off the car to get plated in that gold zinc stuff. Now all i have to do is get the thing registered so i can drive it around.

Adrian
Attachments
IMG_2893s.jpg
IMG_2893s.jpg (628.42 KiB) Viewed 1528 times
CRW_2892s.jpg
CRW_2892s.jpg (474.08 KiB) Viewed 1528 times
CRW_2888s.jpg
CRW_2888s.jpg (518.58 KiB) Viewed 1528 times
CRW_2886s.jpg
CRW_2886s.jpg (524.61 KiB) Viewed 1528 times

amifsud
JDM
JDM

Post by amifsud »

This is the white car, I don't like them too much in white. It was either going to be black or grey, and i chose grey. I just have to get a roadworthy done and get it registered, but i've been a bit lazy.