my new old project 1

Start your project here and keep us up to date on your progress.
arkansasdave2
My Vehicle: See Other!
My Vehicle Other: None
Car Wish: I wish for a Honda S2000

my new old project 1

Postby arkansasdave2 » June 13th, 2010, 9:41 pm

I started this project about three weeks ago and posted some of it under the 2nd gen section before I discovered this section. So far I refurbished the fuel system, cleaned the tank, replaced several filters, fuel pump and just ordered a reman carburetor. I pulled the trans this weekend and have a new clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing and pilot bearing. Also I am getting the flywheel machined this week. That's where I am on it so far.

AD

ebay listinglSupport the site, please use the ebay links below

Visit our 1StGenCivic Auctions

Visit our 2ndGenCivic Auctions

arkansasdave2

Postby arkansasdave2 » June 13th, 2010, 9:42 pm

I will get some pictures up soon I have some I will have to figure out how to put them on here.

AD :D

arkansasdave2

Postby arkansasdave2 » June 16th, 2010, 11:30 pm

well I cleaned up the flywheel last night and today my wife took it to the machine shop to a guy I know and he got it looking brand new for 35+tax.
I also stopped by the parts store and picked up my other trans axle seal and when I got home I had to do something so I fixed the limp mirror on the drivers door and scoped out some new speaker locations. Next I have to torque down the flywheel, I also checked the rear main and it has no signs of leaks at all so that's good. I will start reassembling the trans on Friday afternoon after the parts swap/car show I am going to, and hopefully get it back together on Saturday if all goes as planned. Pictures hopefully this weekend.

arkansasdave2

Postby arkansasdave2 » June 18th, 2010, 6:24 pm

well I got back from the car show no luck on parts I did come close though found a set of chrome universal 13's with tires for 70 bucks and a set of accord aluminum for 100 but they were 5 hole. So back to the drawing board anyway I got some cleaning done on the trans, tried out some driving lights I had to see if they would fit and they looked like they were made for it. And now I have to go to the parts store again for a few items and my son and wife are taking me out for fathers day to eat. more later

AD

arkansasdave2

Postby arkansasdave2 » June 19th, 2010, 10:33 pm

well I worked on the trans today got the flywheel on, the clutch in and worked on the trans all afternoon but wasn't successful I pulled in back out and the alignment tool didn't fit like it did when I aligned the clutch it actually seemed the splines got niched and wouldn't let it go in so I will pull it back out and file the splines where they are niched and try it again. I was so tired it made me want to give up but I will get it eventually. More to come

AD

arkansasdave2

Postby arkansasdave2 » June 21st, 2010, 9:53 pm

well I pulled the clutch back out yesterday and sure enough the splines are niched but I filed them this afternoon and they are good now I tested it on the trans input shaft several times and it fit like a glove. So (fingers crossed) it will work tomorrow. I put it back in the flywheel and put the pressure plate back in place with the bolts I have to torque them to 9 ft. lbs. tomorrow and attempt to put the trans in again. More to come

arkansasdave2

Postby arkansasdave2 » June 22nd, 2010, 9:42 pm

well no luck I worked on the trans for an hour and a half today, I torqued the pressure plate again while making sure the alignment tool was in place the whole time it went in and out like butter. But the trans did the same as last time I have about decided the new pilot bearing is too small because it goes until about that far from the engine and stops I turned the crank on the other end and the output for the axles turned so I think it is the pilot bearing holding it back???? frustrated but hey I'm learning something huh? I have been learning for years I guess a little more won't hurt. more to come

AD :?

arkansasdave2

wheels

Postby arkansasdave2 » June 25th, 2010, 10:15 pm

Well I found some wheels yesterday and I had already volunteered to work today from 5 until noon so I got up at 4 am went to work came home got ready to go and drove about 200 miles and met a guy that had a set of Amer
racing AR estella 95's with tire with 1/2 tread I ended up buying them they were a little rougher than I had hoped but they were usable. I got back home and cleaned them up they look pretty good. Anyway for 95 bucks I got 13x5.5 rims and tires so not to bad of a deal. more to come

AD

Return to “Projects and Restorations”