honboy
Short Shifter
Short Shifter
My Vehicle: See Other!
My Vehicle Other: None
Car Wish: I wish for a Honda S2000

74 Civic Hatch for Sale

Postby honboy » March 23rd, 2017, 12:09 am

Had my car listed in the "for sale and wanted listings" since Feb on this site. I'm sure most have seen it if not please do as all the specs are listed but the price has changed!!
Initially had no idea of market price (pretty scarce now) and talking to friends and looking around in Sydney at dealers and other contacts have realised that the price wanted was too high.

There is nothing wrong with the Civic, I just want new car with a little comfort! It would be a great start for some one as it has a lot of additions that are not available now. I have reduced the price to $5-6K negotiable. If interested why not come and take a look. The car is in Sydney.
Contact me through this site or mobile 0448112494
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ebay listinglSupport the site, please use the ebay links below

Visit our 1StGenCivic Auctions

Visit our 2ndGenCivic Auctions

trouts
Short Shifter
Short Shifter
Province/State: Qeensland
My Vehicle: Civic 1200
My Vehicle Other: shuttle 3 gen 1500
Car Wish: rs 1200 civic old school.

Re: 74 Civic Hatch for Sale

Postby trouts » March 23rd, 2017, 8:31 am

hi am just off to sell a lung, so I can get this little cutie. don't like the stroked engine caper but, that's just my stick to same engine and see what you can get out of it thing. your price is very fair a steal really. are the on dash gauge sets Honda, don't look to be. don't suppose you would take a 2008 ford falcon tray back 4 litre. plus 5,999 no wait I couldn't do that to you ,ide be robbing ya. lol. its a pity I spent 8 or 9 grand on buying and fixing /pimping my 3 gen civic shuttle tall boy. I want this car. I better go get a better job or any job really. is the paint newish. looks real nice .I am off to scheme up a plan to get some bucks. some will tell you its not worth 6 grand don't listen to em.

LALAMAHINA
Zex Nos
Zex Nos
My Vehicle Other:

Postby LALAMAHINA » March 23rd, 2017, 8:43 am

Theres a seat for every arse!

trouts
Short Shifter
Short Shifter
Province/State: Qeensland
My Vehicle Other: shuttle 3 gen 1500
Car Wish: rs 1200 civic old school.

Postby trouts » March 23rd, 2017, 5:56 pm

oops, I reread your first add it plainly states Honda gauges . has head been ported/polished. to go with mild cam. the more we know about the car the more its worth.

Don
Civic Guru
Civic Guru
Province/State: Oregon
My Vehicle: Civic CVCC
My Vehicle Other: 95 G30 Van 88 Civic
Car Wish: Locost 7

Postby Don » March 23rd, 2017, 6:48 pm

Super nice civic! Value is not about what anyone says or doesnt say. Ask $100000000 and tell every one they are in luck! In the end its worth exactly what ever money you can get out of it. Eight or nine grand on a restoration is nothing. Just don't expect a 1st gen to be a piggy bank. Your lucky to get 1/4 of the money out and don't expect to get paid for any of your labor. Not being mean, just the facts. The hard facts are that a lot of the time we have to just spend the money on cars because we enjoy them, and when they don't sell for what we want in paper, we get to keep enjoying them because no one else values the car as much as we do. With a Civic that nice, I would list it on eBay. eBay gets FAR more traffic than any message board or fb group ever will. You never know who might see it there and decide they need it.

honboy
Short Shifter
Short Shifter

Postby honboy » March 23rd, 2017, 8:02 pm

To answer some questions - it's a Watson cam 26/66 for road use. The crankshaft is from a EN and provides more torque/capacity and was fitted in 2005 from suggestions on this site. The car was caught in hail in 1980 and had a respray then. The gauges are genuine Honda as fitted on the RS civic in Japan.
Thanks Don, I wondered about ebay, and your right after all these years it's hard to dispose of it. It's all about getting too old to enjoy it.
Jim

EvoCivic
Province/State: NSW
My Vehicle Other: Civic 1200 5-door
Car Wish: NSX Type-R

Postby EvoCivic » March 23rd, 2017, 9:32 pm

I saw this car about 11 years ago and it was in great shape. Jim has looked after it very well and done some nice upgrades to it.
If memory serves correctly you had the engine built by Wayne Griffiths, correct? If so then it'll have been done properly and will be a great engine for many years.

honboy
Short Shifter
Short Shifter

Postby honboy » March 25th, 2017, 8:29 pm

Yes Adrian Wayne did the engine job and it's never let me down since. I'll just have to wait and find a buyer out there somewhere!
Jim

Return to “Australia”